Party Wall matters

The term Party Wall matters generally refers to issues that are relevant to the Party Wall etc Act 1996.  This includes building or construction work to not only party (or shared) walls, but also buildings or structures located adjacent.

Where works are planned to a Party Wall or adjacent to an existing building, the adjoining owner may well need to be notified in accordance with the procedures set out in the Act. We are able to issue the legal notices required under the Act, and act as Party Wall Surveyor should a dispute occur. A response will usually be required from the adjoining owner, and we are able to act on behalf of any adjoining owner that has received a Party Wall Notice from their neighbour.